Tuesday, March 1, 2016

UNAM Mapping Progress Pin-up

Drawings

For the drawings, I first did the plan to show where the 
transitional space happens and where the columns are located.

Then I did some sections in both directions to show the 
relationship between the buildings and path.

Lastly, I did an axon and a sectional axon to show highlight
the transitional space.


PLAN

SECTIONS - vertically

SECTIONS - horizontally

SECTIONAL AXON #1

AXON #2



After the crits, I realized that I did not show the transitional space 
enough because I focus too much on the buildings around it.

In order to improve on the drawings and show the transitional space more clear,
I am going to try and use the sections to make the axons.



Drawdles

This is the first time that I try to use papers to make drawings. I think the challenging part of working with paper are:

       - has to be score in order to fold nicely
       - should leave some space around the border of the paper
       - use x-acto to cut the paper


#1

#2 Use the idea of weaving to map out the path

#3 Try to incorporate sections in the drawdle

#4 Using only a sheet of paper


1 comment:

  1. the last drawdel (with only the single sheet of paper) is nice... can you make some more of these for the midterm (that expresses the character/ideas/quality of your project?)

    ReplyDelete