Saturday, April 2, 2016

Crit 3/30 (thurs)

From the mid review, one of my weakness is designing a plan.
The original plan that I had is too boxy and did not think about
the program carefully enough.

Moreover, after learning the 180 degree rule more, I try to
incorporate some disorientation feeling when experiencing
in the space. Therefore, I had some labyrinth look in the design.

Therefore, in this new design, I use the previous drawdle showing
below to form my plan. This is a building that will all be underground.
As people walk into the building, they will either go up or down to
different spaces.

















Plans



The building will be place under where the grids are. Darker grids show
where will be carved to lead in the light.













































Sections




























Model
















After the crit, I am thinking instead of having the drawdle as a plan,
I will make it as a section for my building. Therefore, the building
will be more interested.

The next move is to have a new scheme and figure out how to make
a plan from the section. Additionally, keeping the idea of labyrinth
feeling for the plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment